New 5 star luxury gated development in a prime location in Hurghada city centre.Apartments from only £19,964 to £60,000 Easy Payment Plan More »
BUYING PROPERTY IN MALTA
The Maltese Islands are quite possibly the perfect location for a home in the Mediterranean.
For starters the local population is English speaking and they drive on our side of the road! So far so good. Add to that the natural beauty of the islands, the peaceful way of life, a rich cultural and historical heritage and warm hospitality and you find that Malta ticks all the right boxes and a few you hadn't thought off. In short, Malta has much more to offer than a holiday home on a Costa.
Situated at the crossroads of the Mediterranean Sea, the Maltese archipelago is a group of five small islands, spanning a combined area of 316 square kilometers. The Maltese climate is characterized by long warm summers and mild winters with relatively low rainfall.
The Islands also boast scenic beaches as well as stretches of picturesque countryside surrounded by breathtaking scenery and possess the the Maltese are a warm and friendliness typical of Mediterranean hospitality.
THE MALTESE PROPERTY MARKET
Malta has a strong and robust domestic property market and been rising steadily for a number of years now.
The Government of Malta encourages non-Maltese to purchase property for use as a residence or holiday home. Successive Governments have implemented schemes which make Malta an attractive investment location.
Financial advantages of owning property and/or taking up residence in Malta include the following:
- Property in Malta is exceptionally good value for money.
- residents enjoy a relatively low cost of living.
- There are no annual property rates or taxes in Malta.
- Malta has a double Taxation Agreement with most Western Countries and these usually ensure that a move to Malta results in tax advantages.
- Pensions are freely transferable to Malta.
- Relations with the European Union are particularly close and in some cases, besides a Double Taxation Agreement, there exist Reciprocal Health Agreements resulting in treatment at nominal cost.
- Financial conditions for residence permits are modest and this permit offers appreciable tax advantages.
- There is a sizeable community of foreign residents, mainly British and Continentals, who are warmly welcomed by the Maltese people. Integration in the local social and cultural scene is easy.
- Mortgage facilities are available in Malta usually at an interest rate of approximately 7-7.5%.
- Tax Incentives - Malta has a number of tax incentives and offers Onshore Companies a maximum taxation of 4.17%. A number of International Banks are available. Permanent Residents enjoy a maximum 15% tax rate or Lm1,800 annually.